Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers).
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, beef & barley noodle soup (made with rib roast leftovers). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef & barley noodle soup (made with rib roast leftovers) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers):
- Take 2-4 of leftover rib bones from a prime rib roast.
- Make ready of water.
- Get 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 TB of mixed dried herbs (I use thyme and rosemary).
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 TB of tomato paste or 2 TB fresh ketchup or tomato sauce.
- Make ready 2 cups of chopped fresh carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry barley.
- Get 1 cup of kernel corn, fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Get 1/2-1 cup of dry noodles.
- Take of beef bullion (optional).
Instructions to make Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers):
- Place rib bones in a large Dutch oven or stock pot and cover with water completely..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat..
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs and any meat that may have become detached. Set aside to cool..
- Refrigerate the beef stock for about an hour, or until the fat congeals on top (I usually make the broth the day before and refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the meat from the bones and chop coarsely. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until you're ready to add it to the soup..
- Remove the solidified fat from the chilled broth..
- Heat the broth over medium heat. Don't worry if the broth tastes weak at this point; it will reduce later..
- Sautee the garlic and herbs in a little oil over medium heat until the garlic is soft and the herbs are fragrant. Careful not to burn it!.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs, tomato option, chopped carrots and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered..
- Add the meat, corn, and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Taste the broth and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- If the soup becomes too thick by serving time, add more water (with a bit of bullion in it, if desired) as needed..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food beef & barley noodle soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!