Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup).
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- Get 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- Make ready 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- Make ready 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Get 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Make ready 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Make ready of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Get 7 of shallots.
- Make ready 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Get 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Make ready 5 of candlenut.
- Get of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Prepare Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Take of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Make ready of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Make ready of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Get of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Make ready of Fried shallots (optional).
- Take 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Instructions to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!