Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork).
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, pernil (puerto rican roast pork). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pernil (puerto rican roast pork) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork):
- Get 1 cup of sofrito.
- Take 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Take 5 tbsp of adobo (goya).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Get 2 packages of sazon con achote.
- Get 1 of penir (pork shoulder).
- Get 20 clove of garlic.
- Make ready 1 large of oven bag.
Steps to make Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork):
- I never really measure so I'm just guessing about how much I use. The seasoning seems like a lot, but it's meant for a nice sized penir. You may add or take away to your taste..
- Clean the penir of excess blood and rinse the skin off really good. Trim as much fat as possible..
- Stab 1 inch holes all over the penir as deep as you can go. Set penir aside.
- in a bowl combine Sofrito, vinegar, adobo, garlic powder, and sazon..
- with your hands rub the marinade into the pork, filling up the holes with it. Make sure the penir is evenly seasoned..
- fill holes with 1 garlic clove per hole and marinate overnight.
- follow directions for the oven bag and place penir in oven bag. Pour in any marinade that has dripped from the penir.
- allow at least 4 hours of cooking time at 350°F.
- when you see that the penir is pretty much done open oven bag at the top exposing the skin and cook until the skin is crunchy, you may also remove the skin at this point and fry it for faster results. I personally like it from the oven..
- note: when you buy the penir, look for the one with the least fat.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pernil (puerto rican roast pork) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!