Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo).
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, nepali dumplings (mo:mo). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook nepali dumplings (mo:mo) using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- Get of Mo:Mo (Dumplings).
- Get of Wonton wraps (48 count).
- Get of ground meat (chicken, turkey, etc.).
- Get of canola oil.
- Make ready of medium onion (white, red, or yellow).
- Get of shredded cabbage (or cole slaw).
- Make ready of cilantro.
- Take of turmeric.
- Take of salt.
- Get of Momo masala.
- Make ready of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Achaar (the sauce).
- Get of canola oil.
- Take of turmeric.
- Make ready of salt.
- Make ready of garlic paste.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- Make ready of cumin.
- Take of broth (vegetable or meat).
- Take of cilantro.
- Get of Some hot sauce (optional, if desired).
Instructions to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- In a large mixing bowl, put the meat and pour the oil on it..
- In the meantime, put the onion, cilantro, and cabbage in a blender and blend it. The purpose is to chop it fine, and not a smooth paste. Once it is chopped finely in the blender, pour it in the bowl with the meat..
- Add the remaining of the ingredients to the bowl and mix the entire mixture really well. (Hand mixing works best!).
- Let it marinate in the fridge while you prepare rest of the steps..
- While the meat mixture is marinating, make the achaar (sauce). Chop the tomatoes and onions in quarters. Chop the cilantro bunch in half..
- In a small pot, add the oil and heat it for a minute in medium heat. Add the onions and cook it until it's translucent- about 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato quarters in the pot and cook until tomatoes start to release juice..
- Once the tomatoes start to release juice, add the turmeric, salt, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another minute..
- Add the cumin and cook for about 1 minute. Add the broth, lower heat, and summer it for about 5 minutes. If the broth in the mixture starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes dry, pour a little more broth. At the end of the 5 minutes, you would want the mixture to be a little brothy!.
- Take the pot out of the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, pour all of the tomato mixture in a blender. Add the cilantro to the blender and blend really well..
- Refrigerate the sauce while you follow the remaining steps for dumplings..
- Set up the steamer and heat some water in the steamer base so that the water steam is ready. In the meantime, wrap the marinated meat mixture in the wraps..
- Ideally, take a fork, and place a small fork-full of meat mixture in the center of the wrap. Rub some water on the edges of the wrap and seal all the edges together. Make sure that all corners and sealed. Repeat until you run out of the meat, or the wrap!.
- Once the meat mixture has been wrapped and the water is boiling, put the Momos in the steamer and steam it for 20 minutes. If the steamer has two tiers, make sure that you switch the tiers at 10 minute mark, so that each tier of Momos are cooked properly..
- Once cooked, remove the Momos from the steamer and serve immediately. To serve, add the desired amount of the Momos in a bowl and pour some chilled achaar over it..
- Refrigerate the leftover Momos and achaar. Eat within 3 days..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food nepali dumplings (mo:mo) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!