Garlic Roast Pork (Pernil).
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, garlic roast pork (pernil). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Garlic Roast Pork (Pernil) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Garlic Roast Pork (Pernil) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook garlic roast pork (pernil) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Garlic Roast Pork (Pernil):
- Make ready 3-5 lbs of boneless pork shoulder.
- Get 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, minced.
- Make ready 1 of lime, wedged.
- Make ready of Marinade.
- Take 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- Make ready 15 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- Get 2 Tbsp of salt.
- Take 1 Tbsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of cilantro (or parsley), chopped.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Take of More salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Garlic Roast Pork (Pernil):
- Combine all the marinade ingredient in a large ziplock bag (2.5 gallon) or bowl. Debone/deskin the shoulder if needed. Add it to the marinade and turn to coat. Marinate at least 1 hour in the fridge but overnight is better..
- Remove the roast, and truss with string. This keeps the roast together so it cuts and subsequently cooks better later. Salt the meat side of the roast again. This roast can take a decent amount of salt..
- Pre heat your oven to 400F. If you have a convection oven, now is the time to use it. In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and sear the pork skin side up in the dutch oven. Salt and pepper the top (fat side) and then immediately transfer the roast in the dutch oven to the oven and cook at 400F uncovered for 1 hour. After 1 hour, reduce the oven temp to 300F and cook an additional 4 hours (or until the roast is 195F).
- Remove the roast from the oven and marvel at that crust..
- Cover the roast with the lid, and let rest while you prepare sides. I recommend beans and yellow rice in the Cuban tradition..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food garlic roast pork (pernil) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!