Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae.
it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, simple korean army stew or budae jjigae. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook simple korean army stew or budae jjigae using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae:
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 200 g of SPAM cut into cubes.
- Make ready 200 g of mushroom (enoki and or oyster mushrooms).
- Get 200 g of shitake mushrooms.
- Make ready 6 of cocktail sausages cut thinly.
- Make ready 3 of instant ramen noodles.
- Make ready Half of a cup of cheese(cubed or 2 slices).
- Make ready 1 cup of kimchi (bite-sized).
- Take 1 of Napa cabbage (cut and sliced).
- Make ready 100 g of Rice cakes (Tteokbokki) or replace with kikiam.
- Get 100 g of tofu (sliced or cubed).
- Get 4 of cobs cooked corn or 1 can of sweet corn kernels.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of Korean chili paste (Gochujang).
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Korean chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Get of Green onions.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Take of I added corn instead of baked beans.
- Get of I also removed kelp and anchovies because I don't like them.
Instructions to make Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae:
- Cook garlic in oil until golden brown. Set aside so it doesn't burn..
- Assemble the ingredients (except for the ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage, corn and cheese) in a pot. Mix the Korean paste with soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and fish sauce and add the mixture to the pot. Pour the stock and bring to boil on medium heat (about 10 mins). Reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients – garlic, instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage (I like my napa cabbage crunchy), corn and add cheese on top of the pot and boil uncovered until the noodles are cooked (about 2 to 3 mins)..
- Serve with steamed rice (& with other Korean side dishes). Or if doing hot pot, reduce the heat to low (using a portable burner) and share the food at the dinning table..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food simple korean army stew or budae jjigae recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!