Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, ropa vieja / shredded beef stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook ropa vieja / shredded beef stew using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Prepare of EVOO.
- Take of Onion.
- Prepare of Green Pepper.
- Prepare of Green Olives.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Sofrito.
- Take of Sazon.
- Prepare of Chicken Bouillon.
- Prepare of Water.
- Take of Chicken or Beef Stock.
- Get of Salt to taste.
- Take of Pepper to taste.
- Take of Cilantro (optional).
- Make ready of Oregano.
- Get of Garlic Powder.
- Take of Onion Powder.
- Take of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- Get of Flank Steak (approximately).
- Take of Bay Leaf.
Steps to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your meat. Cut into 3 big slices..
- Add EVOO to a large (somewhat deep) pan and brown the meat on medium to low heat. At this point we just want to brown the meat not completely cook it so only about 5 minutes on each side..
- In the mean-time, slice the onion and green pepper and chop the garlic and cilantro..
- Once meat is browned, take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add vegetables (onions, green peppers, garlic). Add more EVOO if necessary. Cook until onions are translucent then add sazon, chucken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, stock and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, add meat to sauce. Cover and cook on Low for about 2 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreddable..
- After 2 – 2 1/2 hours, shred beef inside the pan with 2 wooden spoons (or forks). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro, cover pan and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes and Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food ropa vieja / shredded beef stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!