Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, ropa vieja / shredded beef stew. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have ropa vieja / shredded beef stew using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Prepare 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- Get 1/2 large of Onion.
- Make ready 1/2 large of Green Pepper.
- Take 1/4 cup of Green Olives.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sofrito.
- Get 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Chicken Bouillon.
- Get 2 cup of Water.
- Take 1 cup of Chicken or Beef Stock.
- Take 1 of Salt to taste.
- Take 1 of Pepper to taste.
- Get 1/2 bunch of Cilantro (optional).
- Make ready 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Get 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Get 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Make ready 1 1/2 lb of Flank Steak (approximately).
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
Instructions to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your meat. Cut into 3 big slices..
- Add EVOO to a large (somewhat deep) pan and brown the meat on medium to low heat. At this point we just want to brown the meat not completely cook it so only about 5 minutes on each side..
- In the mean-time, slice the onion and green pepper and chop the garlic and cilantro..
- Once meat is browned, take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add vegetables (onions, green peppers, garlic). Add more EVOO if necessary. Cook until onions are translucent then add sazon, chucken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, stock and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, add meat to sauce. Cover and cook on Low for about 2 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreddable..
- After 2 – 2 1/2 hours, shred beef inside the pan with 2 wooden spoons (or forks). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro, cover pan and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes and Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food ropa vieja / shredded beef stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!