Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce. Puerto Rican Mofongo is made of green plantains and is served in most restaurants through the island of Puerto Rico. However, not always is made the right. Mofongo – Mofongo is a Puerto Rican dish with fried plantains as its main ingredient.
If you're tired of potatoes or sweet potatoes, it's a nice nutrient-dense carb option to work into your routine. Grilled or pan-fried shrimp are a brilliant protein to serve with mofongo. Or, try pairing it with your favorite slow cooked chicken or pork.
Hello everybody, First thing which you want to master is what the different terminology you’ll discover in recipes actually means. There are many fresh and at times foreign sounding terms that you will see in recipes that are common. These terms may mean that the difference in recipe failure or success. You ought to be able to locate a fantastic section in virtually any inclusive cook book which explains the different definitions for unknown terminology. If you’re not absolutely certain what is meant by”folding in the eggs” it really is in your interests to check this up. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Puerto Rican Mofongo is made of green plantains and is served in most restaurants through the island of Puerto Rico. However, not always is made the right. Mofongo – Mofongo is a Puerto Rican dish with fried plantains as its main ingredient.
Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce:
- Make ready of green plantain.
- Get of of shrimp.
- Get of garlic.
- Make ready of onion, chopped.
- Get of sofrito.
- Prepare of adobo and garlic powder.
- Make ready of bay leaf.
- Prepare of of hard crackling.
- Get of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Make ready of packs of sazon con achote.
- Make ready of vegetable oil for frying.
The red pepper (mojo picon) sauce takes the dish over the top! You're essentially taking the fried starchy bowl of mofongo and bathing it in a most Recipe for Puerto Rican staple mofongo relleno which is mashed fried plantains stuffed with garlic, olive oil, spices, and shrimp then topped with. Mofongo Recipe (Garlic-Flavored Mashed Plantains): a very tasty dish with pork rind mixed in and strong Mofongo is a tasty dish made with fried green plantains, which are mashed with garlic and mixed I have made it at home for my family with shrimp and chicken and its a homerun every time. Shrimp in garlic sauce for some Mofongo.
Instructions to make Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce:
- Cut tips from bananas slit down on 3 sides easier to peel. Cut into 1/2 inch wheels.
- Put oil to heat 350-400 degrees.put enough oil to cover plantains..
- When oil gets hot put plantains in dont over crowd. When golden brown n semi tender remove until all are fried..
- In big bowl throw all fried plantains begin mashing. crush the 2 garlic cloves add to plantains add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add crackling n keep mashing until all plantains are mashed n ingredients are combine.garlic n olive oil is spread. better to mix with hands.
- Get a small bowl put some plantains in and pack down with spatula take out. should have shape of bowl put round side up..
- For shrimps in garlic red sauce.
- Boil 3 cups of water i eyeball it. Throw in bay leaf some adobo and garlic powder smash garlic 1/2 onion choped. 1 tablespoon sofrito to taste . Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in cold water to thicken add to pot..
- When thicken add shrimp. dont over cook. Pour over mofongo. You can stuff it or eat it plain or with the pork crackling recipe i have here also. Enjoy :).
Mashed up fried, green plantains are topped with shrimp in a delicious tomato sauce. If you've never heard of this, let alone seen it before, you might just pass right on by this post with out giving it a chance. Mofongo is a traditional Puerto Rican dish. It can be served with stewed beef, pork or chicken. The shrimp sauce is just like cake icing.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!