Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo).
Hey everyone, First thing you want to master is what the different terminology you will find in recipes actually means. There are lots of new and at times foreign sounding terms that you may find in recipes that are common. These terms may mean that the gap in recipe failure or success. You should be able to detect a good section in any inclusive cook book which explains the different definitions for unknown speech. If you’re not entirely sure what is meant with”folding in the eggs” it really is in your best interests to look this up. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, nepali dumplings (mo:mo). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have nepali dumplings (mo:mo) using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- Make ready of Mo:Mo (Dumplings).
- Get 12 oz. of Wonton wraps (48 count).
- Make ready 1 lbs of ground meat (chicken, turkey, etc.).
- Get 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- Get 1 of medium onion (white, red, or yellow).
- Prepare 8 oz. of shredded cabbage (or cole slaw).
- Get 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2.5 Tbsp of Momo masala.
- Get 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- Get of Achaar (the sauce).
- Take 2 Tbsp of canola oil.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger paste.
- Take 1/4 Tbsp of cumin.
- Get 3/4 cup of broth (vegetable or meat).
- Take 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Get of Some hot sauce (optional, if desired).
Instructions to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- In a large mixing bowl, put the meat and pour the oil on it..
- In the meantime, put the onion, cilantro, and cabbage in a blender and blend it. The purpose is to chop it fine, and not a smooth paste. Once it is chopped finely in the blender, pour it in the bowl with the meat..
- Add the remaining of the ingredients to the bowl and mix the entire mixture really well. (Hand mixing works best!).
- Let it marinate in the fridge while you prepare rest of the steps..
- While the meat mixture is marinating, make the achaar (sauce). Chop the tomatoes and onions in quarters. Chop the cilantro bunch in half..
- In a small pot, add the oil and heat it for a minute in medium heat. Add the onions and cook it until it's translucent- about 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato quarters in the pot and cook until tomatoes start to release juice..
- Once the tomatoes start to release juice, add the turmeric, salt, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another minute..
- Add the cumin and cook for about 1 minute. Add the broth, lower heat, and summer it for about 5 minutes. If the broth in the mixture starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes dry, pour a little more broth. At the end of the 5 minutes, you would want the mixture to be a little brothy!.
- Take the pot out of the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, pour all of the tomato mixture in a blender. Add the cilantro to the blender and blend really well..
- Refrigerate the sauce while you follow the remaining steps for dumplings..
- Set up the steamer and heat some water in the steamer base so that the water steam is ready. In the meantime, wrap the marinated meat mixture in the wraps..
- Ideally, take a fork, and place a small fork-full of meat mixture in the center of the wrap. Rub some water on the edges of the wrap and seal all the edges together. Make sure that all corners and sealed. Repeat until you run out of the meat, or the wrap!.
- Once the meat mixture has been wrapped and the water is boiling, put the Momos in the steamer and steam it for 20 minutes. If the steamer has two tiers, make sure that you switch the tiers at 10 minute mark, so that each tier of Momos are cooked properly..
- Once cooked, remove the Momos from the steamer and serve immediately. To serve, add the desired amount of the Momos in a bowl and pour some chilled achaar over it..
- Refrigerate the leftover Momos and achaar. Eat within 3 days..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food nepali dumplings (mo:mo) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!