Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cajun injected smoked turkey breast. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cajun injected smoked turkey breast using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast:
- Prepare of For the turkey:.
- Prepare 1 of (7-8 lb) turkey breast.
- Make ready 2 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder (1/2 for more heat).
- Make ready 3 tbs of warm water.
- Get 1 tbs of honey.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of oil (vegetable or light olive is best).
- Take of Other supplies.
- Take 1 bag of charcoal (if smoker/grill is charcoal).
- Take 1 bag of hickory, mesquite or apple wood chips.
- Get of Injector syringe with needle.
- Make ready of Smoker or large grill.
- Take of Water.
- Prepare of Smoker box (for gas grills).
- Make ready of Grill thermometer.
- Get of Meat thermometer.
Steps to make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast:
- Remove turkey breast from package, rinse and then pat dry with clean paper towels. Place on a large platter or foil lined cookie sheet, meat side up..
- In a mediun bowl mix together all the dry seasoning. Add the water and honey. Stir with fork to combine until honey is fully melted in. Slowly add oil while continuing to stir constantly..
- When everything is well incorporated set 1 tbs of mixture aside. Draw remaining mixture up into injector syringe and inject into turkey breast in several places all over until all of the mixture is used up. Rub reserved mixture all over skin..
- Soak wood chips in water for about 15 minutes while you prepare your smoker according to its user manual, or set up a grill for indirect heat if you do not have a smoker. Note: indirect heat means building your fire on one side of the kettle and placing meat over the empty space (usually filled with a “drip pan”) on the other side to cook slowly..
- When the smoker reaches 300°F, place wood chips directly on coals (or into smoker box placed on flame for gas grills). Place turkey breast on grate and cover tightly with lid. Cook for 2 – 3 hrs, checking every 20 – 30 minutes, replacing coals and chips as needed. Turkey is done when internal temp reaches at least 165°f..
- When turkey breast is done remove from smoker, tent loosely with foil and let rest 20-30 minutes before carving..
- Note: If the turkey breast begins looking too brown but is not fully cooked you can either tent with foil while still on the smoker or transfer to a 300°F oven (again, tent with foil) to finish cooking..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cajun injected smoked turkey breast recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!