Roasted Pork Shoulder (Pernil).
it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, roasted pork shoulder (pernil). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Roasted Pork Shoulder (Pernil) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Roasted Pork Shoulder (Pernil) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook roasted pork shoulder (pernil) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Pork Shoulder (Pernil):
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Take 1/3 cup of Orange/Lemon or Lime Juice.
- Take 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of Culantro.
- Prepare 2 envelope of Sazon (w/Culantro & Achoite).
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Steps to make Roasted Pork Shoulder (Pernil):
- Mix all Dry and wet ingredients in large bowl (I recommend doubling the recipe so you'll have extra marinade). Once all ingredients have been combine let marinade rest for 10-15 mins..
- While marinade rest clean Pork Shoulder with Cold Water and Lemon Juice. Once the Pork Shoulder is washed. Cut off the layer of fat completely and place to side..
- Once pork is clean use a meat injector and begin to inject the marinade into the Pork Shoulder..
- Once you've finished injecting the marinade take some of the marinade and pour a little of the marinade into the bottom of large pot. Then take the pork skin you removed earlier add now place skin side down to bottom of pot. Pour. little more of the marinade on of the pork skin then place pork shoulder into the pot then pour the remaining marinade on top of pork shoulder. Then cover pot and let sit for 1 hour then refrigerate..
- I recommend marinating the pork shoulder at least two to three days in advance. At least once a day turn pork shoulder and pork skin. Also re-inject marinade in pot into pork until day you plan on cooking pork..
- When ready to cook, preheat oven at 400°F for 10-15 mins. Take pork skin from bottom of pot and place on top of pork. Then lower heat to 275°F and place into over and cook for 1 hour per pound..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food roasted pork shoulder (pernil) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!