Southern Smoked Pork Butt.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, southern smoked pork butt. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Smoked Pork Butt is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Southern Smoked Pork Butt is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern smoked pork butt using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Smoked Pork Butt:
- Take 6 lb of boston butt pork roast.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Get 4 of Tblsp Lawry's seasoned salt.
- Take 2 of Tblsp granulated garlic.
- Make ready 1 of Tblsp cayenne pepper.
- Get 2 of Tblsp mustard powder.
- Take 1 of Tblsp chipotle powder.
- Get 3 handfuls of Apple Wood Chips.
- Take of Water.
Steps to make Southern Smoked Pork Butt:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the wood chips.
- Rub pork butt with the dry ingredients, wrap with saran wrap and marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile soak the wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain wood chips then place soaked chips in a foil loaf pan, placing the pan in between the coals and meat.
- Place pork butt on grill over indirect heat when coals ash over and temp is 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slow cook for 9 hours and keep checking and keep adding a few coals to the fire to maintain temp at 180-200, turn butt over every 2 hours also throw some wet chips on the fire occasionally for better smoke flavor ENJOY !!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food southern smoked pork butt recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!