Spicy fish masala. Fish Masala is a very popular recipe. It is a dry gravy dish which is very easy to prepare and tastes great with rice, chappati, parotta etc. Fish is marinated in a paste of spices and pan fried.
Spicy Fish Masala is a Special Masala fish curry that is prevalent in the Palakkad region of Kerala. During my search for new recipes, I came across Palakkadan style Fish Masala. It took me to back to my Sharjah days, where we used to get this in a small hotel.
it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, spicy fish masala. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spicy fish masala is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Spicy fish masala is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Fish Masala is a very popular recipe. It is a dry gravy dish which is very easy to prepare and tastes great with rice, chappati, parotta etc. Fish is marinated in a paste of spices and pan fried.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spicy fish masala using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy fish masala:
- Make ready 1/2 kg of boneless fish, cut into pieces.
- Take 3 of tomatoes, blended.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Get 2 of green chili.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic paste.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare of Juice of 1+1/2 lemon.
- Take 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Take 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Get 1 teaspoon of chili powder / flakes.
- Make ready of Salt to taste.
- Make ready 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Take of Coriander for garnish, chopped.
Don't remember the name of the hotel, but still remember that delicious fish curry. How to Make Spicy Fish Masala. Fry the onions till golden brown. Add pulp, given powders and some salt.
Steps to make Spicy fish masala:
- Marinate the fish for 30 mins with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste and juice of 1 lemon..
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and shallow fry the fish, 3 minutes on each side..
- On medium heat, in a separate pan, put 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Add onions and cook until golden brown..
- Add blended tomato, salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste, green chili, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric..
- Cook until the tomato are cooked well and thick..
- Add the fish and lemon juice and gently stir making sure the fish does not break. Adjust salt if need be. You may add some water if needed, to prevent the gravy from drying..
- Cover the pan, and let the fish cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Garnish with coriander..
- Serve warm with rice or naan bread. Enjoy 🌹.
If you want to add aromatics — citrus, ginger, garlic, onions, chillies — the fish cavity is an ideal place to do so. Season the cavity with salt, stuff it with thinly sliced aromatics of your choice. When fish is ready, preheat your grill and grill to perfection. Add in the ground masala, water and tamarind water. Bring this whole thing to a good boil, cover and simmer till oil floats on top.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food spicy fish masala recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!