Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, agua de jamaica/jamaica tea. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have agua de jamaica/jamaica tea using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea:
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 of fresh hibiscus flowers.
- Make ready 1/2 of Juice of lemon.
- Make ready of Optional ingredients for extra flavour(according to your taste).
- Take 1 tablespoon of dried lemongrass.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder (Gives an amazing flavour and scent).
- Get 1 tablespoon of mint.
- Get as per your taste of Honey, maple syrup, sugar or any other natural sweetener.
- Prepare as required of Ginger, cardamom etc.
- Prepare as of Ice, if you want to make it an iced tea.
Instructions to make Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea:
- Remove the calyx or the green part from which the flower is attached to the plant. Also remove the stamen, the part from which the seeds are attached. Wash the petals well and add them in a pot..
- Boil the water and once it comes to a boil, pour it over the petals. Or you could also boil them together..
- Add the optional ingredients according to your taste and mix them well. Cover the pot and let the colour from the flowers steep into the water. If you are making iced tea, put ice in the bottom of the glass and pour the mixture over it..
- Steep for 10 – 12 minutes and strain the tea..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food agua de jamaica/jamaica tea recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!