Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder. Just throw it on some white bread, sweet Hawaiian buns, in a taco, or even an omelette. Smoking a pork shoulder is a little more of an art than it is a science. I don't even know what it is about smoked pork, but golly is it delicious.
In fact, I probably like the process way more than the next guy. Not only that, but using a sous vide cooker to cook pork shoulder can allow you to achieve textures you can't get with traditional cooking methods. Smoked Pork Shoulder Fork Tender Every Time.
it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, smoked pulled pork shoulder. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Just throw it on some white bread, sweet Hawaiian buns, in a taco, or even an omelette. Smoking a pork shoulder is a little more of an art than it is a science. I don't even know what it is about smoked pork, but golly is it delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook smoked pulled pork shoulder using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder:
- Get 8-10 pound of Pork shoulder with good fat rind.
- Prepare 2-4 quarts of apple cider.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Take 4 tbsp of white sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cracked black pepper.
- Get 4 tbsp of paprika.
- Take 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 4 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- Make ready of Hickory smoking chips.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion.
One of the easiest and most delicious meals you can prepare is a good smoked pork shoulder. With your supplies gathered, you can begin work on the recipe. Using two forks, or Cave Tools Pulled Pork Shredder Rakes, shred the meat between them until it's finely separated, removing the shoulder bone once exposed. Check out our Vision Grills smoked pork shoulder (pulled pork) recipe.
Steps to make Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder:
- Cover pork shoulder with apple cider.
- Combine black pepper, salt, brown sugar, white sugar, garlic powder, red pepper and any other spices in a large bowl..
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture to the cider covered shoulder. Reserve the rest..
- Cover cider, shoulder, and 1/4 cup of mixture in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove fron refrigerator. Add used apple cider in water bowl for smoker.
- Preheat smoker to 250F.
- While preheating, soak woodchips.
- Rub remaining mixture onto pork shoulder.
- Add shoulder to smoker. Add fresh woodchips at start, again at 30 minutes, and again at 60 minutes..
- Smoke for up to 12 hours or when internal temperature reaches 190-195 degrees farenheit..
- Pull out of smoker, let rest for 10 minutes. Pull apart..
We're sure you'll fall in love with it this Valentine's Day! Smoked pork shoulder is a great crowd-pleaser, and it makes a TON. Once you shred all that mouthwatering pork, you have enough for sandwiches, potato toppers, mac and cheese toppers, and plenty left over to freeze. There's something about that succulent meat combined with the peppery. Pulled pork – the feast of champions.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food smoked pulled pork shoulder recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!