Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe.
it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, grandma liem’s pastel tutup (indonesian cottage pie) recipe. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have grandma liem’s pastel tutup (indonesian cottage pie) recipe using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe:
- Get 600-700 gr of potatoes (any variety that is good for mash) or mixed with celeriac for lighter choice.
- Take 1 of medium shallot, chopped.
- Take 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 of medium carrot, cubed approx. 0.5cm.
- Get 250-300 gr of cubed (05.cm) meat of your choice (chicken/pork/beef/cooked prawn/sausage/tinned spam) or vegetarian meat substitute or tofu.
- Get 1 handful of thinly sliced wood ear mushroom (Auricularia auricula-judae aka jelly ear or Jew's ear or black fungus. In Indonesian known as jamur kuping).
- Make ready 1 handful of glass noodle (soaked in hot water for no longer than 2 minutes then drain).
- Take 1/2 cup of peas (frozen or fresh or tin).
- Get 100-150 ml of stock (chicken or vegetable or beef stock).
- Make ready of Milk or corn flour (optional).
- Make ready of Parsley and/or chives, chopped.
- Take 4 of Boiled eggs (optional), cut into quarters.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheese (cheddar or any type you like).
- Get 1 pinch of Salt, Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg (optional).
Steps to make Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe:
- Steam or boil the potatoes (and/or celeriac if you like) then mash it with a touch of butter. If you like creamier mash add milk as you like..
- Stir fry the chopped onion and shallots until soft. Add the cubbed carrot, meat (or vegetarian substitute), peas (if use tinned pea, add this last), mushroom. Add the glass noodle and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using). Pour stock. If you want it creamy, add a few spoonful of milk or corn flour mixed with water. Add the chopped herbs (parsley/chives).
- Transfer the filling into an oven proof dish. If using boiled egg, arrange the quartered eggs on top..
- Cover with mash potato. Brush with egg and sprinkle some grated cheese..
- Bake in the oven 190-200C for 30-40 minutes (until the top is golden brown)..
- Serve with salad (if you like), mayonnaise and (if you have Indonesian taste) chilli sauce (Sambal ABC or sriracha)..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food grandma liem’s pastel tutup (indonesian cottage pie) recipe recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!