Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea.
Hello everybody, First thing you want to understand is the different terminology you will find in recipes actually means. There are many new and at times foreign sounding terms you will find in common recipes. These terms can mean the difference in recipe failure or success. You should be able to detect a good section in any inclusive cook book which explains the different definitions for unknown terminology. If you aren’t absolutely sure what is meant by”folding into the eggs” it really is in your best interests to check this up. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, agua de jamaica/jamaica tea. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook agua de jamaica/jamaica tea using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea:
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 of fresh hibiscus flowers.
- Prepare 1/2 of Juice of lemon.
- Take of Optional ingredients for extra flavour(according to your taste).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried lemongrass.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder (Gives an amazing flavour and scent).
- Take 1 tablespoon of mint.
- Take as per your taste of Honey, maple syrup, sugar or any other natural sweetener.
- Prepare as required of Ginger, cardamom etc.
- Take as of Ice, if you want to make it an iced tea.
Instructions to make Agua de Jamaica/Jamaica tea:
- Remove the calyx or the green part from which the flower is attached to the plant. Also remove the stamen, the part from which the seeds are attached. Wash the petals well and add them in a pot..
- Boil the water and once it comes to a boil, pour it over the petals. Or you could also boil them together..
- Add the optional ingredients according to your taste and mix them well. Cover the pot and let the colour from the flowers steep into the water. If you are making iced tea, put ice in the bottom of the glass and pour the mixture over it..
- Steep for 10 – 12 minutes and strain the tea..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food agua de jamaica/jamaica tea recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!