One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, one pot mexican beef and brown rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook one pot mexican beef and brown rice using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Get 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Make ready 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Get 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Get 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Make ready of Optional Toppings :.
- Take of ·Sour Cream.
- Get of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Make ready of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Prepare of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Prepare of ·Diced Avacado.
- Take of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Get of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
Instructions to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food one pot mexican beef and brown rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!