Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Stew is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Beef Stew is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have beef stew using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stew:
- Get 1 1/2 ” 4 pounds of chuck beef boneless , cut into cubes.
- Make ready 1 of onion , diced.
- Make ready 1 ” 4 of carrots , peeled and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 ” 1 pounds of potatoes gold , peeled and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 4 ounces of mushrooms chopped.
- Take of 2 cloves of garlic , minced.
- Get 6 of anchovy fillets , minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of wheat berries.
- Get 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 2 cups of red wine.
- Get 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 4 ounces of bacon , minced.
- Take of 2 sprigs of thyme fresh.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas frozen , thawed.
Steps to make Beef Stew:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels, then sear meat on all sides in the oil in two batches. Remove the meat to a bowl and cover..
- Add the remaining oil and bacon to the pot and toss in the onions. Soften the onions for 5 minutes over medium heat..
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Add the garlic, anchovy, tomato paste. Stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Stir in the flour and cook for 30 more seconds..
- Carefully stir in the red wine, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pot..
- Stir in the reserved beef, chicken broth, potatoes, wheat berries and thyme sprigs.
- Bring the stew to a simmer, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the thyme springs, stir in the peas and heat for 5 more minutes.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food beef stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!