Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew. Green chile – This is a New Mexico chile stew; therefore, the best chile is New Mexico green chile or similar varieties. What are those New Mexico Chilles like? Any idea what I could use as substitute.
It was definitely not a stew but a delicious soup. Many agree the best green chiles are grown in the Hatch Valley in southern New Mexico, so it's great to make this delicious chicken stew in early fall when Though pork, beef or lamb are more traditional for green chile stew, this chicken version is a bit lighter, quicker to cook and still packs a punch. Green Chile Doesn't have to be made with just pork or chicken.
it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's spicy green chile chicken stew. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
Green chile – This is a New Mexico chile stew; therefore, the best chile is New Mexico green chile or similar varieties. What are those New Mexico Chilles like? Any idea what I could use as substitute.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mike's spicy green chile chicken stew using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew:
- Prepare of ● For The Proteins.
- Make ready 2 Pounds of Hand Shredded Rotisserie Chicken.
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables & Fluids.
- Make ready 56 oz of Hot Hatch Green Chilies.
- Get 3 of Or 4 Idaho Potatoes [cubed].
- Make ready 1 Can of ROTELL Tomatoes.
- Get 1 Pound of Canned Tomatillos [hand crushed].
- Get 1 Bunch of Cilantro Leaves [rough chopped].
- Take 3 of LG Jalapenos [deseeded – rough chopped].
- Get 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded – rough chopped].
- Make ready 2 of Sweet Spanish Onions [rough chopped].
- Make ready 2 Cans of Chicken Broth [reserve 1 for finish to thin if needed].
- Take of ● For The Seasonings.
- Take 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [divided].
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Green Chili Powder.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Sea Salt [or to taste].
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Epazote Herb.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- Take of ● For The Slurry [to thicken soup into a stew].
- Get 2 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- Take of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare of Fresh Tortilla Chips.
- Make ready Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
This Leftover Brisket Green Chile is loved by everyone I make it for. I tend to like my Green Chile the consistency of a thin gravy because I often eat it with tortilla chips. Easy spicy green chilli beef stew recipe. Notes: This stew is best made up to two days in advance.
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew:
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs. Add 1 can chicken broth, green chilies and seasonings. Mix well and simmer all for 45 minutes..
- Or, feel free to cheat with preshreadded rotisserie chicken..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot..
- Add your potatoes and extra can of broth if needed. Simmer for 35 minutes..
- Create your slurry, if desired, to thicken. Make sure your pot is simmering on high. Slowly add a bit of your slurry and mix fast. Within a minute you'll know how thick she's become. Add more if you want her thicker..
- Serve with warm, fresh flour tortillas and tortilla chips..
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!.
Reheat in a cast-iron or other heavy-bottomed pot over a low flame on your grill or on a portable burner. This is one of my favorite gumbo recipes made extra spicy with shrimp, chicken, andouille and LOADS of flavor. You know I love my spicy cuisine. I've also brought in some collard greens, which is more typical of Green Gumbo, or Gumbo. Combine peppers, chiles, and tomatillos in Stir in tomatillo purée and remaining reserved broth; bring to a simmer.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mike's spicy green chile chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!